Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blueberry Cobbler

This is a new recipe for me. It comes straight from Pioneer Woman Cooks, with no changes, except that I baked it for 50 minutes instead of 1 hour. Oh, and I used blueberries instead of blackberries. My pan may be shallower than the one she used, but it smelled done, so I took it out of the oven. It is also a new baking pan, a birthday gift from OSLO. Isn't it pretty? I am taking it to a neighborhood gathering of about 12 people tonight -- the couple who live next door to Lynne have sold their house and are moving. I am also taking wild rice, with bacon,mushrooms, onions and celery. I have no photos of that.
I am also taking a can of spray whipped cream, about a dozen plastic forks, and small paper plates, just in case she runs out of plates. The menu includes grilled salmon, shrimp, flank steak, potato salad and fruit, and I am sure some other goodies. I think someone mentioned a green salad, too.
I think my oven needs to be leveled. And cleaned. Though I did run it through the self clean cycle a while back, but I didn't wipe out all of the ash afterwards. Lazy. Anyway, the cobbler looks and smells quite good, and I think it would even be good with Elliots, as it has a cup of sugar in it. If it passes tonight's taste test, I'll make some more the next time I get company.

4 comments:

Jimi said...

Very nice looking cobbler. And lots of blues. Save me a piece. TT

Anonymous said...

There are just two small pieces left. It tastes a lot like the blueberry cake that I make on occasion when 'the family' is here, except more blueberries and less cake.
SS

Emily M said...

Andy and I are testing out this recipe right now - he froze a bunch of those blueberries from August and we're putting them to good use. I hope it turns out!

Santini said...

Emily, I hope it turned out well! The adjustment for 'self rising flour' isn't too tricky, but it is critical. Or you can use self rising flour, I guess. I made it twice this summer, and it was good both times. Tomorrow, apple crisp.