Saturday, September 25, 2010

My version

There hasn't been very much bicycling here lately as the big storm blew through. It rained, it rained really hard, it rained really really hard. And I don't even live in a place where it rained hard.

So, here's the way I did it tonight. This is all going to happen in a single pan and a single narrative.

Here are the main ingredients with an antique toaster for scale. The background story on the toaster involves Christmas at GE. I am not the only one who knows it.I haven't used that brand of tomatoes before but when I saw it in the store I was instantly smitten. Who doesn't want to use tomatoes canned by God's brothers?

A single pan, the chicken breast goes in first to start browning. The meat takes the longest to cook but truthfully everything is going to get plenty of time.Big chunks of onions, big chunks of pepper. There is also some chopped garlic in there.

I thought about it while I was doing it and big chunks seemed like a better choice. The sauce is going to have lots of ingredients. Big chunks make identification of the ingredients easier. Further, big chunks give you an opportunity to fully experience the taste.In the next step we have fresh mushrooms in there as well and God's brothers tomatoes are poised.Here is everything together in the single pan.The pasta cooks separately so I guess maybe a two pan description would be a trifle more accurate. A word on pasta, complex carbohydrates are the preferred form. This is whole wheat pasta, a more complex carb than ordinary white flour noodles. But even with complex carbs, the secret of pasta is portion control. You want enough to enjoy the experience but you have to not go over the line. This photo includes our Pfaltzgraff pattern plates for scale.I am going to rely on TOPWLH to make a comment on whether it was good or not. I cooked it, I shouldn't say.

4 comments:

TOPWLH said...

It was absolutely delicious (and so colorful)! I did not know any photos were being taken, so imagine my surprise as I see my plateful of food on a blog. Yum.

Something completely different: Why is plateful not spelled platefull?

Santini said...

I hope you stocked up on the tomatoes. How could you use anything but God's Brothers tomatoes after this?

gfr said...

BB -- If we start spelling plateful as platefull, then won't beautiful have to be spelled beautyfull?

BB said...

Hmm. That is an excellent point. Funny.