Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lemon Bars

We headed up to OSLO's and Brad's for an extended family supper tonight. Grilled pork steaks and chops, with cheesy potatoes, Texas baked beans and other sides. It was all very, very good. I volunteered to bring a spinach salad, chocolate pie and ..... lemon bars. Yep. The church lady lemon bars.
Brad said he didn't think he'd ever had them -- clearly he's never been to a funeral in Minnesota or Wisconsin. Here's how I made them. There's a Betty Crocker mix!
The crust comes in a separate package, that gets pressed into the baking dish just the way it comes from the package, and baked for ten minutes. There is also a package of lemon filling mix that requires three eggs and one third cup water, then gets poured over the hot crust and returned to the oven for 25 minutes. Next time I think I'll make some green jello. (Yes, that is my biking gear in the background. I had assembled it all in preparation for a ride, and was too lazy to move it when I took this photo. Sorry.)

3 comments:

BDE said...

Well, the lemon bar looks yummy. Was it?! If so, I could even make those since it is a mix. Seems like cheating, but if they are tasty . . .

santini said...

BDE .. I didn't actually eat one.(No one was dead... but I did lick my fingers after I'd cut them, and they seem to be the standard recipe. Pretty good.) Brad and his Dad both stated that they were very good. I'd recommend them any time that lemon bars are called for.

BDE said...

This is very good news, thanks.