Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fresh Vegetable Medley

LH brought over some freshly picked green beans and zucchini this afternoon.  In this heat, we've been eating lighter, and I made a fresh vegetable stew for supper tonight.


I sauteed an onion with some garlic, added in a couple of small red potatoes, and started that all cooking in a little olive oil.  It needed some liquid and I didn't have any fresh tomatoes (which I think would have been good), so I poured the liquid from a can of diced tomatoes in with the vegetables,  I cubed the zucchini, cut up the green beans, decided to throw in the tomatoes after all, then added some spices.  Salt, pepper, parsley and oregano.  I had some fresh basil so I added that.  It was pretty tasty.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Looks tasty. I could use a bowl of it right now. I guess I'll just have to stick with PB&J. No kitchen.

Retired Professor said...

You can borrow mine.

If I'd used eggplant instead of potato, apparently I could have called it ratatouille.