Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homemade Pizza

I haven't posted anything here for a while. Since I was 'cooking' tonight, it seemed easy enough to take a few pictures along the way. I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one who makes and bakes their own pizzas in this family. When we lived in DeKalb, OSLO used to make "Uncle Gene's Pizza" about once a week, whenever I had a night class. This version is a little different than that. Most of this stuff I keep on hand, 'just in case.' The Pillsbury Pizza Crust in a can is pretty good, any spaghetti sauce will do, and the rest depends on what I have in the refrigerator. That's diced ham, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and pepperoni. I added some shredded three cheese Italian, and some shredded mozzarella cheese. I like a lot of cheese. This is what it looked like before it went in the oven.
And this is what it looked like when it came out. I baked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes -- that's not quite what it said on the package the dough came in, but close. I threw a bunch of spices on it, too. Parsley, Italian Seasonings.... maybe some garlic salt.

So that's supper. Anybody else make homemade pizza any more?

2 comments:

Gino said...

I haven't made it for a while but those pictures look might inviting. I think delivery pizza may have to take a short holiday here.

Why is that in all of your recent cooking posts I see that white handled knife?

I think I will go lie down.

Retired Professor said...

Gino -- For scale?

I have three white handled knives (all of them gifts) -- they move with me from beach to bay to beach. The larger one makes its appearance in the knife block in the background of food blog photos, regularly. They are my favorite knives -- good quality, stay sharp with regular maintenance. Would you like to know the brand so you can get yourself some?