Saturday, October 10, 2009

Egg Salad Sandwich

I had a couple of hard boiled eggs in the ice box. (Yes, I remember when that was its name.) TOPWEH (The other person who eats here) is fond of egg salad sandwiches, so it came down to this choice -- a sandwich for lunch, or pea and egg salad for this blog. You can see the obvious choice that I made.
So what else would you put in egg salad? If I have celery, I like to add it. A little bit of onion can be tasty, too. Chives? Dill?
I like my egg salad sloppy, and TOPWEH likes a generous amount of butter on his bread. A little lettuce and tomato would have been an improvement, but I was anxious to get out on a bike ride.

3 comments:

Tennis Tousan said...

Very interesting. My not very famous egg salad contains sweet pickle relish whereas you have opted for dill. A minor, but significant difference. TT

Anonymous said...

I like egg salad sandwiches, too. I make mine with horseradish sauce (NOT straight horseradish!)and a little celery and tomato if available.
BB

Retired Professor said...

Sweet pickle relish would make a very different sandwich. Horseradish sauce would spice it up. Perhaps in an interesting way. I had a tomato, but opted not to use it -- I should have. It's a significant improvement.