Friday, October 9, 2009

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

This is the cast of characters. A big sweet potato (this one is almost 2 pounds), olive oil and seasonings. I used seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and parsley.



















Peel the sweet potato.
















Cut the potato into bite sized pieces.






Put it in a pan.







Maybe a bigger pan would work better.








Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with the seasonings.



Toss to mix -- this is a little messy, but that is as it should be. And yes, I washed my hands before I did this.
















Cover the pan with foil. Put in a 375 degree oven for about a half hour.










Take the foil off after about a half hour, toss/stir the potatoes, and return to the oven for another 10 or 15 minutes, until they pass the fork test.










Yum. Those little crispy things are especially good. I stirred it again before I plated it up to get the olive oil back in with the sweet potatoes. I used my 'good' olive oil that I got from OSLO for my birthday. I'm glad I did.
















The orange looks good with something green. I had a ham slice hanging around the refrigerator that I needed to use up -- it turned out to be a good flavor combination. I have leftover sweet potatoes -- a two pound potato will apparently serve about 4 people. I may have to make a pea salad with the left over peas.
That was fun.
I apologize for the confusing format. I'll try to get that fixed before I post again.

2 comments:

Tennis Tousan said...

Nice use of photos to illustrate the process. The end product looks tasty. I'm going to have to try this one. TT

Retired Professor said...

I overdid the photos, but I was having fun, so I went with it. I think two or three photos would have been just as illustrative. The end product is pretty tasty, I think, and the process works for other vegies. I like to roast red potatoes and carrots, for example, sometimes with some onion thrown in. The onion cooks faster, so if I do that, I need to wait 15 minutes and add the onion later.

Let me know if you like it.